Welcome to Ammonite Lodge Guest House...
Katherine and James welcome you to their home, an 18th century large cottage, a 4 star accredited guest house. Only a 2 minute walk to a wide choice of restaurants and pubs. We also have a lovely dining room and a cosy lounge for guest use.
Conveniently located at the top of the High Street opposite the Chard Museum, we are a short walk away from the shops and restaurants.
Ammonite Lodge is a 300 year old cottage style building, full of character and an ideal base for:
- Business guests working in the area
- Wedding guests for Hornsbury Mill, Forde Abbey and other local venues
- Exploring Lyme Regis and the Jurassic coast (25 minutes drive)
- Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage HQ and Canteen (15 minutes drive to Axminster)
- Axminster Power Tools courses
- Visiting National Trust houses and gardens
- Walkers and cyclists (garage stowage available)
Whether you are staying for one night or one week, we aim to provide you with a warm and friendly welcome, comfortable beds and a quality breakfast made from locally produced products.
There is private parking at the rear of the guest house, but please park at the front initially, so that we can check you in and help with your luggage.
AS SEEN ON CHANNEL 4´s FOUR IN A BED
We are a short distance from Hornsbury Mill, Forde Abbey and other wedding venues.
We will always guarantee 1 room as an early check in from 11am, and do our best for the rest, as well as an area for preparation, changing, and luggage storage.
Please contact us to discuss arrival times, taxis and any special requirements
Arrival / Departure
Check in: 16:00 hrs or 4 pm till 22:00 hrs or 10pm
Check out: 10.30am
|Get Full Directions|